Image

Trailer Park Nirvana image created by Stefany Kleeschulte.



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Spanish Word of the Day: Bufanda

Yesterday I ran into a man I hadn't seen in a while. He was full of compliments and I was thrilled not only at the sentiment but that I understood him!

One of the things he said was that I looked younger (mas joven). At this age that is about the highest compliment a woman can receive (outside of thinner and, sadly, mas flaca or delgada was not in there).

I knew immediately why that was so, that I looked mas joven. Not because of some Olay night cream or  change in diet or more sleep. No. It was because it was cold and I had a bufanda (scarf) around my neck. For "women of a certain age" this sudden fountain of youth needs no explanation and I plan on having my neck bufanda'ed for the next three months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment