Image

Trailer Park Nirvana image created by Stefany Kleeschulte.



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Word of the Day - Pronto

I was watering the bougainvillea when he pulled up, car window down, hand tapping the side of the door in a soft rhythm.

"Mi Amor, when are we going to make love?"

Hm, good question.

Last week I decided to play along with this flirtation. I figured if I acted as though I'd actually do it, he'd run screaming into the desert or jump into the sea. Apparently not. Mexican men are not so easily scared away.

I turned off the water and walked over to the car door. "I still want you to do that mural for me," I said. He showed me the sketch he had lying next to him on the car seat.

"When?" He asked.

"Soon. How do you say 'soon' in Spanish?"

"Pronto," he replied. Then "when are we going to make love?"

"Pronto," I responded.

He left a trail of laughter as he drove away.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific post and wonderful graphics. You're starting to get back the old magic, Annette.

    jd

    ReplyDelete