Image

Trailer Park Nirvana image created by Stefany Kleeschulte.



Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Mexico in August

Money goddesses willing, I want to drive around New Mexico in August.

I want to go to all the places I love - Silver City, Zuni Pueblo, Gallup (yes, I love Gallup), Taos - and visit the many, many towns I've never been to. I'm looking for a home post-Kino. Although I've got to say, this year in NM (I'm thinking Albq and Silver) winter held on tight and I've gotten a little cold-weather phobic. So I'm thinking I'll have to settle south. Las Cruces?

In order for this New Mexican adventure to materialize I need these things:

Money. Over the next two months, I need work to come in. Lots of transcription work. Maybe my mom'll do a novena (she's good at that).
It would be nice if gas prices would drop.
Tying in to the money thing is the need to get the van roof painted thing. A rusted van roof in a monsoon downpour would not be good.

Here's what I'm looking for in my new home:
A trailer park with cheap rates and a pool. It's gotta have wifi too.
No geezer RV park.
The park can be on the funky side but not too funky.
Good weather as in not freeze-ass cold winters.
A nearby saloon.

As you can see, my needs are few.

It's time to hop on the internets and do some research but if ya'll have suggestions, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment